Owyhee Irrigation District (OID) has supplied irrigation water to lands in Malheur County including Adrian, Nyssa, and Ontario, Oregon since 1932. The district was formed to supply agricultural water to the entire Owyhee Project and today remains the largest irrigation district in Eastern Oregon.
Be a part of an important contributor to the success and livelihood of the region by joining our team!
Current Available Positions:
Seasonal Pumping Plant Attendant
A seasonal full-time pumping plant attendant will have the opportunity to help ensure continuous and uninterrupted delivery of irrigation water to the local agricultural community.
Position open to ages sixteen (16) and older.
- Performing preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Accomplishing regular janitorial duties to facilities.
- Completing daily paperwork.
- Upkeep the grounds surrounding the plants.
Pumping Plant Attendants are responsible for the effective operation and maintenance of the District's water delivery sources. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Dust, sweep, mop, and perform other cleaning duties as required.
- Take accurate and timely readings from machinery.
- Remove moss and other debris from water intake grates.
- Check oil levels, refill when needed, and grease equipment daily.
- Mow and water lawn, remove weeds, and other groundskeeping duties.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.